Join the team
Do you value Communication as a fundamental life skill? Communicate SLT CIC is seeking Speech and Language Therapists who share our vision, mission and values, to deliver Learning Language and Loving It—The Hanen Program® for Early Childhood Educators as part of a randomised control trial from Oct 2019 until May 2020.
Based on the Fylde Coast, Communicate was established in 2011. We believe in Communication for Life and strive to maximise social mobility by enabling effective communication for all. We provide high quality and innovative speech, language and communication services which are driven by our values of Communication, Integrity, High quality, Partnership and Community.
We are seeking skilled Speech and Language Therapists to work either with fixed-term contracts employment (at £30,000 – £39,000 pro-rata) or as consultants (minimum of 15 hours per week Term Time Only).
Part and Full time posts are available in Merseyside, St Helen’s and Manchester areas.
Essential requirements for applicants
- Commitment to Communicate’s mission, vision and values
- Speech and Language Therapy Degree
- Licensed to deliver Learning Language and Loving It—The Hanen Program® for Early Childhood Educators OR able to attend funded training in London in October 2019
- 3 or more years’ experience
- Experience of training members of the children’s workforce and facilitating change in practise
- Experience of working with schools and nurseries
- Respect for confidential information
- Enhanced DBS applied for by Communicate SLT CIC following appointment
The Speech and Language Therapist will:
- Deliver Learning Language and Loving It—The Hanen Program® for Early Childhood Educators to nursery staff in school
- Work in partnership with the Communicate team and other Hanen Licenced Programme leaders to deliver high quality programmes as part of an Education Endowment Foundation funded Trial
- Deliver a full programme of 8 x 2.5 hour workshops and 6 videotaping sessions (plus pre- and post- videos) in line with The Hanen Centre Cooperative agreement and Copyright guidelines
- Contribute to the evaluation and monitoring of service
- Access clinical supervision, peer support and mentoring
- Be committed to continuing their professional development and gaining wider experience and expertise through clinical training and support
Equality and diversity is hugely important to Communicate, and applications are welcomed from talented people from all experiences and perspectives.
The closing date for applications is noon on Monday 5th August
Interviews are scheduled for Monday 12th August in Blackpool
For further information please apply via Indeed and an application pack will be provided.
Alternatively, visit http://communicate-slt.org.uk/about-us/vacancies Or phone Caroline Coyne on 01253 462123
Communicate SLT CIC is a growing Community Interest Company based in the North West of England. We provide high quality Speech, Language and Communication support services which maximise life chances by enabling effective communication.
- Are you looking to join a supportive team working collaboratively within children’s centres, early years’ settings and schools?
- Are you committed to working with others to support to support children and families to reach their communication potential?
Communicate is committed to providing safe and effective services and require all team members to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. All Speech and Language Therapist must be a registered members of RCSLT and HCPC.
We welcome contact from Speech and Language Therapists interested in joining the Communicate team.
Please email: email@example.com
or phone: 01253 462123