Join the team
Communicate is seeking a speech and language therapist to work in the Merseyside area.
Established in 2011, Communicate believes in communication for life and strives to enable effective communication for all. We provide high quality and innovative speech, language and communication services, driven by our values of communication, integrity, high quality, partnership and community.
Salary: Employed at £27,260 – £33,578 pro-rata (depending on experience)
Hours: 2 – 3 days per week (9-5pm per day) Term Time Only
Location: Liverpool, within a school providing education for children aged 3-19 with learning disabilities and/or complex needs
Essential requirements of the post
- Commitment to Communicate’s mission, vision and values
- Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) Degree
- Experience working with children with special educational needs
- Registration with RCSLT and HCPC
- Respect for confidential information
- Enhanced DBS applied for by Communicate SLT CIC following appointment
- 3 or more years experiences working as an SLT
- Experience working with children with autistic spectrum disorder
- Experience of using AAC including signing and PECs
(The above elements are desirable rather than essential, since this post may be taken by an SLT with the ethos, disposition and passion to specialise in this area. Appropriate supervision and training will be provided)
- To provide a speech and language therapy services to children attending a special school, directly and through support to their families and the multi-agency team
- Provide speech, language and communication assessments for pupils / prospective pupils in consultation with the multiagency team and the SLT Lead
- Keep accurate records and provide written reports
- Set targets for therapy and monitor progress
- Provide intervention on an individual or group basis as required
- Develop and demonstrate SLT programmes and groups for pupils, under the guidance of the SLT Lead
- Hold responsibility for own caseload and be responsible for a defined area of the service, working without direct supervision
- Work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, contributing to the planning, development and delivery of an effective and efficient service
- To liaise with other involved agencies and with families to provide an integrated service
- Contribute to the evaluation and monitoring of services
Equality and diversity is hugely important to Communicate, and applications are welcomed from talented people from all experiences and perspectives.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 23rd December 2019.
Interviews have been scheduled for Thursday 9th January 2020 in Merseyside.
To apply, please complete this Application Form and send to email@example.com
We are always interested to hear from people who share our values and would like to work with / within Communicate SLT.
Please get in touch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org, phoning: 01253 462123 or completing a form on the Contact Us page.