Communicate SLT CIC is a growing Community Interest Company based in the North West of England. We provide high quality Speech, Language and Communication services and training which maximise life chances by enabling effective communication for all.
We are seeking an SLT to join our highly supportive team working collaboratively with children, families and members of the children’s workforce. We welcome applicants who share our mission, vision and values and be committed to working with others, using innovative and evidence based practice. The role will include working with other SLTs, SLT Assistants and education staff to provide services for children and their families within Education settings.
- Commitment to Communicate’s mission, vision and values.
- Speech and Language Therapy Degree or Masters.
- Registration with RCSLT and HCPC.
- Respect for confidential information.
- Enhanced DBS applied for by Communicate SLT CIC following appointment.
- 2+ years experiences working as an SLT.
- Experience of working within Early Years settings and schools.
- Experience in supporting members of the children’s workforce.
- Licensed to deliver ICAN and/or Elklan training.
- Drivers licence.
- To provide a speech and language therapy services to children including assessment, direct intervention and through others by supporting their families and education staff.
- Keep accurate records and provide written reports as required.
- Set targets for therapy and monitor progress.
- Provide intervention on an individual or group basis as required.
- Develop and demonstrate SLT programmes and groups for pupils.
- Hold responsibility for own caseload and work autonomously making independent decisions about caseload management.
- To liaise with other involved agencies and with families to provide an integrated service.
- Work as a key member of the Education team which involves participation in: Clinical case discussions; Clinical supervision within the team via regular meetings, supervision, mentoring and appraisals; Continuing professional development and implementing service improvements and evidence-based practice; Co-ordination and development of SLT services and training; The induction, supervision and support of SLTAs, Students and volunteers; The evaluation and monitoring of services to demonstrate impact and quality of service.
Equality and diversity is hugely important to Communicate, and applications are welcomed from talented people from all experiences and perspectives.
The successful candidates will undergo Enhanced DBS checks and will be registered members of RCSLT and HCPC.
Closing date: Wednesday 21st October 2020 (5pm)
Interviews scheduled for: Thursday 29th October 2020
If you have any questions relating to this position, please email email@example.com or call Caroline on 07814023667