These workshops provide guidance around using the WellComm assessment tools to screen children’s speech, language and communication development from 6 months to 6 years.
WellComm toolkits enable quick and easy identification of children needing speech and language support, making a crucial difference to confidence and attainment.
• Quick and simple to use
• Requires no SLT expertise
• Can be used as many times as needed
• Instant reports are quick to digest, using an easy to understand traffic-light scoring format
• Includes a “Big Book of Ideas” of 150 play-based activities so action can be taken straight away
• Activities can be used at home so effective support is provided whether referred to an SLT or not
• Test duration: 20 mins
• For 6 months-6 yrs
• Suitable for Early Years Practitioners, SENCOs, T.A.s & SLTs
• Supportive videos available online showing how to use, including examples of the reports etc.
This training consists of a 2 hour workshop.
*This training is FREE for Blackpool Early Years Workforce, there is a charge of £15 for school staff and £35 for non-Blackpool workforce*
The next training dates are:
- Friday 15th May 1:00pm – 3:00pm @ Zoom (online)
- Wednesday 27th May 10:00am – 12:00pm @ Zoom (online)
- Click Book Now to request a different date
Please note: You must already have resources in setting to participate in this training, you can purchase resources from GL Assessment directly at https://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/products/wellcomm/