Director of Finance and Business Development, Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, BSC (hons) Speech, HCPC, MRCSLT
From a Yorkshire family, I was born in Blackpool and studied 4 years at University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
I began my career working for the NHS with adults and children in Blackpool, Wyre and Fylde before being seconded in 1999 to work with Blackpool Council. I worked in partnership within a multiagency team to develop and deliver preschool preventative speech, language and communications services in Sure Start and then Children’s Centres.
In 2011 I set up Communicate with Caroline and worked as Director, Team Lead and Early Years Speech and Language Therapist. In 2018 with the growth and development of Communicate, I transitioned to a new role of Director of Finance and Business Development.
I am passionate about people being able to connect, grow and learn though communication and having access to equal opportunities. I am proud of what the Communicate team has achieved so far and excited about the potential of the organisation.
Beyond Communicate I enjoy caring for loved ones, being outdoors and relaxing with friends and family with good food, music, books and a roaring fire.
Continuing Professional Development includes:
• Licensee for It Takes Two to Talk® The Hanen Program® for Parents of children with Language Delays
• Licensee for Learning Language and Loving It™ – The Hanen Program® for early childhood educators
• Licensee for Target WordTM – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children who are Late Talkers
• ICAN Early TalkBoost Licensed Tutor
• ICAN Good Practise Validation Mentor
• Dementia Friend
• Lancashire Forum 6-month programme for SMEs