Meet Laura Cooper
Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, BSC hons BSC in Speech and Language Therapy, HCPC, RCSLT
I qualified from the University of Central England in Birmingham and began my career in 2013 working for the NHS and later within a pyramid of schools offering advice, assessment, intervention and training.
I moved to Blackpool in 2016 where I joined the Communicate SLT team. I have worked with a range of targeted and specialist groups including early years, stammering, language disorder and hearing impairment. I currently work in partnership with practitioners and parents delivering advice within schools, supporting the Talk with Me service and delivering evidence-based training.
I love interacting with children and supporting their development. Since moving to Blackpool I am taking advantage of the opportunity to walk along the beach when the weather allows.
Continuing Professional Development includes:
- Nuffield Early Language Intervention trainer and tutor
- Elklan training tutor
- Licensee for Learning Language and Loving ItTM – The Hanen Program® for early childhood educators
- Lidcombe Fluency Programme
- Swindon dysfluency programme
- British Sign Language level 2