Who is this training for?
Anyone who is currently working or volunteering with children and families.
How much is the training?
£150 per participant, per package (inclusive of VAT). Electronic certificates are included in the pricing.
How is this training delivered?
This online training package consists of 3 x 2.5 hour sessions delivered via Zoom. We aim to have the same trainer deliver all 3 sessions. You will receive a welcome email from your trainer with joining instructions closer to the first date of your training. The training is designed to actively engage participants through discussions, small group activities, analysis of video examples and completion of practical Action Plans that participants can take back to their classrooms.
What is a Reflective Practice Video Review?
This is a highly effective tool for supporting practice change which Communicate SLT CIC recommend is booked alongside a Hanen Teacher Talk package. A Hanen licensee will virtually support reflective practice with individual participants through review of videos of the participant interacting with children in their setting. These optional 1.5 hour sessions can be booked separately at a cost of £100 per participant (inclusive of VAT).
What are the learning outcomes?
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify children’s conversational styles and the role teachers play in interactions
- Implement six steps to following the child’s lead: Observe, Wait and Listen, Be Face to Face, Imitate, Interpret, Comment, and Join in and Play
- Help children become better conversation partners by using appropriate questions, comments and turn-taking cues
- Use five important steps to ensure that no child is left out of the interaction during group activities
What qualifications do your trainers have?
All trainers are Hanen-trained and licenced professionals.
What resources will I need/be provided with?
You will need access to:
- A computer, iPad or a tablet with a webcam and microphone
- Ideally there will be a maximum of 2 participants to 1 device
- For video reflective practice sessions, you will need onsite access to a tablet or video camera; these should include a microphone to record sound
- High speed internet
- Email access
- Communicate SLT CIC will provide participants with a physical workbook each and one Hanen Learning Language and Loving It textbook per setting (for additional reading)
What are your payment terms?
Please note that all training will be invoiced for as soon as we know there are sufficient participants to run the course. This is likely to be no later than 3 weeks prior to the start of the training course.
Payment is due within 14 days of receipt of the invoice.
All training sessions are non-refundable but are transferable to a new date if we are notified within the time period detailed below.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
7 days' notice must be given in writing to email@example.com if the booker wishes to change the date of your training session/request reallocation of the cost to an alternative date.
Any sessions cancelled by the booker later than 7 days before the first session is due to be carried out, will not be eligible for transfer or refund.
Communicate SLT reserve the right to cancel any training session and in such an event will reimburse in full any course fees paid.