Speech and Language Therapy Assistant - Blackpool
The successful candidate will support Early Years (EY) settings to enhance the communication opportunities for young children within a nursery environment. The role will include coaching EY Practitioners to use (1) WellComm screening assessments and follow the local referral pathways (2) ICAN Early Talk strategies and (3) ICAN Early Talk Boost interventions. All whilst working with partners like the SEND Team, Better Start and the NHS staff to support Communication for Life.
Salary: £20,516 – £22,430 per annum (depending on experience)
- Commitment to Communicate’s mission, vision and values
- Respect for confidential information
- Experience of communicating with young children and their families
- Experience of working within an Early Years setting
- Level 3 in an education related course
- Experience of using Microsoft 365 including SharePoint, Teams and Zoom
- Driver’s licence and car
- Clear Enhanced DBS check (applied for by Communicate post appointment)
- Level 3 in supporting Speech, Language and Communication
- Experience delivering ICAN Early Talk Boost
- Experience using WellComm resources
Equality and diversity is hugely important to Communicate, and applications are welcomed from talented people from all experiences and perspectives.
Reference ID: CP/2022