The WellComm Early Years toolkit enables you to quickly and easily identify children aged 6 months to 6 years who may benefit from speech and language support and then the ‘Big Book of Ideas’ details play-based activities to support children’s speech, language and communication development.
This course is an introduction to the 20 minute WellComm screening toolkit and choosing individualised activities from the Big Book of Ideas. With the ultimate aim of raising attainment by identifying and addressing Speech, Language and Communication needs early.
WellComm toolkits enable quick and easy identification of children needing speech and language support, making a crucial difference to confidence and attainment.
• Quick and simple to use
• Requires no SLT expertise
• Can be used as many times as needed
• Instant reports are quick to digest, using an easy to understand traffic-light scoring format
• Includes a “Big Book of Ideas” of 150 play-based activities so action can be taken straight away
• Activities can be used at home so effective support is provided whether referred to an SLT or not
• Supportive videos available online showing how to use, including examples of the reports etc.
The training is suitable for Early Years Practitioners, Health Visitors, SENCOs, T.A.s & SLTs.
You must already have resources in setting to participate in this training. The WellComm Early Years complete set can be purchased for £470 from GL Assessment. You can purchase the Resource Pack directly from GL Assessment at: https://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/products/wellcomm/