Privacy Notice for SLT Service Users (within schools)
Communicate SLT CIC takes the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously. This notice explains how we use the information provided to us when we receive a request for our services.
What information do we collect about you and your family?
- Personal contact details such as your name and address.
- Your date of birth.
- Parent’s names and their contact details.
- Schools you attended.
- Relevant education records.
- Information about previous Speech and Language Therapy assessments, intervention and outcomes.
- Information about services provided by Communicate SLT, including details of assessment, targets set/achieved, frequency and type of intervention and outcomes.
- Relevant medical or health information including whether or not you have a disability/diagnosed condition.
- Relevant information and feedback received from you, your parents and people who support you and your family.
- Information used for equal opportunities monitoring about your religion or belief and ethnic origin.
This information is often provided by your school, who commission our services. Consent is gained, from your parent before this information is shared with us.
Why do we collect information?
We use your personal information to:
- Inform decisions regarding the best approach to take in supporting your communication development.
- Provide information to others who support your learning.
- Enable us to contact you and your family about services available to you.
- Monitor and report on your progress to your school.
- Improve our services.
- Provide anonymised information about the reach, effectiveness and impact of our services.
Processing this personal information is necessary for us to fulfil our contract with your school and to comply with our legal obligations as members of the Health and Care Professions Council.
Communicate SLT does not base any decisions about the personal data you have provided solely on automated decision-making.
How do we store your information?
In addition, we have put further security measures in place to avoid data from being accessed, damaged, interfered with, lost, damaged, stolen or compromised. In cases of a breach, or suspected breach, of data security you will be informed, as will any appropriate regulator, in accordance with our legal obligations.
Any data that is shared with third parties is restricted to those who have a business need, in accordance with our guidance and in accordance with the duty of confidentiality.
We will store your data for the standard retention period for Speech and Language Therapy records which is until your 25th birthday.
What are your rights in relation to your personal data?
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You and your parents may ask us to correct or remove information that is inaccurate, and you have the right to request to be forgotten by us. You also have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. To exercise any of your rights please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
Communicate SLT CIC is registered with ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office). The ICO enforces the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation in the UK. Our registration number is ZA070366.
If you have any concerns or comments about how we use information, we would like to hear from you. Alternatively, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK Supervisory Authority for data protection issues for guidance and advice, or to lodge a complaint.