Privacy Notice - Training participant, Hanen LLLI
Communicate SLT CIC takes the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously. This notice explains how we use the data provided to us when we are delivering Hanen Learning Language and Loving It (LLLI). Also, what information we will share and with whom. The funders of this project are the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) and the Department for Education (DfE) and the evaluators are Natcen.
What data will be collected?
Communicate employees will collect, store and use the following data about you:
- Training participants names, role, contact details, e.g. phone number and email, training attendance and information about the support provided.
- Relevant information feedback received from the training participant about their own experience, changes in their practice and their observations about impact on children and others.
- The Hanen LLLI training programme requires training participants to record and share videos of themselves interacting with children.
Why we collect information
We use this information to:
- Notify participants of training and video review session times and help with the booking process.
- Support participants learning and self-reflection and the learning of other participants taking part in their programme.
- Gain feedback from participants to help with quality assurance and also to pass onto evaluators and funders.
- Provide information to the evaluators and funders about engagement and attendance, the support provided, practice changes and perceived outcomes and impact.
Processing this personal information is necessary for us to fulfil our contracts with training commissioners and to provide the best service we can.
How we store your information
In addition, we have put further security measures in place to avoid data from being accessed, damaged, interfered with, lost, damaged, stolen or compromised. In cases of a breach, or suspected breach, of data security you will be informed, as will any appropriate regulator, in accordance with our legal obligations.
Sharing your data
Information about events, workshop and video reflective practice engagement and attendance is shared with the evaluators (Natcen). Information supplied by the nursery setting, e.g. name of the setting, status and address is also shared with our funders (EEF and DfE).
Any other data that is shared with third parties is restricted to those who have a business need, in accordance with our guidance and in accordance with the duty of confidentiality.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to
correct or remove information that is inaccurate, and you have the right to request to be forgotten
by us. You also have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. To
exercise any of your rights, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
How to contact us
Communicate SLT CIC is registered with ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office). The ICO enforces the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation in the UK. Our registration number is ZA070366.
If you have any concerns or comments about how we use information, we would like to hear from you. Alternatively, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK Supervisory Authority for data protection issues for guidance and advice, or to lodge a complaint.