Speech and Language Therapy Assistant - Bolton
We are seeking a Speech Language Therapy Assistant to join our highly supportive team working with children, families and members of the multi-disciplinary team in a Special School in Bolton.
We welcome applicants who share our mission, vision and values and who are committed to working with others, using innovative and evidence based practice..
The successful candidate will support children aged 3-19 years who have learning disabilities and/or complex needs to enhance their communication skills and opportunities.
Salary: Employed at £18,813-£22,400 pro-rata (depending on experience).
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week. Term-Time Only or part-time hours can be accommodated.
Start Date: Nov / Dec 2021
Essential requirements of the post:
- Commitment to Communicate’s mission, vision and values
- Experience working with children with special educational needs
- Respect for confidential information
- Enhanced DBS applied for by Communicate SLT CIC following appointment
- 3 or more years experiences working within a school
- Experience working with children with autistic spectrum disorder
- Experience of using AAC including signing and PECS
- Experience working with children with emotional or behavioural difficulties
*These are only desirable as this post may be taken by someone with the ethos, disposition and passion to work and develop their skills in this area.
Equality and diversity is hugely important to Communicate, and applications are welcomed from talented people from all experiences and perspectives.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 18th Oct 2021.
Reference ID: SLTA-Bolton-Oct21